Monday, August 29, 2011

Extreme Sports, Awards, and Campaigns

I left for one week and a lot has happened while I was gone. We arrived at our building last night to find out that they are now locking the outer doors. No key for us, whoops. At least we still got in (carrying our babes).

Here's one thing I did while gone
that's me!

Not exactly an extreme sport but an achievement for me! I had tried wakeboarding before but this was the first time I was able to get up. Notice anything off about this picture?

I had an amazing time this week reading while the kids played at the beach, hiking through old train tunnels, and skipping across the border to buy 5 pairs of DC shoes for ridiculously cheap (not for me! though I was looking.)

While I was gone the blog world kept on turning without me. Time to catch up.


Thank you Cynthia from Random Thoughts for giving me a Liebster Award! And thank you also for your comments, I appreciate the support. I wish I could give the Liebster award to you but seeing as how you already have one - might as well spread the joy.

I now would love to pass the Liebster Award on to:
I now ask those of you who I awarded to pass it on. Find 5 deserving blogs with less than 200 followers and give them the Liebster Award. Comment on their blogs to let them know and post about it on your own blog. This is a great way to share the love!

I'd also like to give a belated thank you to Deirdra from A Storybook World for the Creative Blog Award. The button is beautiful.

And last, but not least, I'm a Campaigner!

This is Rach's third Writers' Platform-Building Campaign. What a great way to bring the writers' community together! Check it out.

20 comments:

  1. COngrats on your awards. And yes, the blog-world keeps going by when we're away.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the awards! *throws confetti*

    Also, I’m a new follower—wonderful blog! Stop by my blog and follow me too? :) http://rachelbrookswrites.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats and thanks in no particular order!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for visiting and following my blog. May you gather many more awards, Roland

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just dropping in to say 'hi' from the writers campaign - I am in your poetry group.
    JoAnna (Helen Clancy)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello fellow Canadian Campaigner!

    I'm in Victoria, BC.

    Nice to meet you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi, Emily! I'm a fellow Campaigner. Congrats on the awards! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Another campaigner! Hi to you. Well done with the award!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats with the award from another campaigner!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Another campaigner here too! Apparently there's only 15 of us from Canada so far, but hopefully more will turn up.

    Congrats on the awards!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hello campaigner, I'm in the NA/Crossover group with you!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hey, Emily, just dropping by. I'm a campaigner too! Thanks for stopping by my place and leaving a comment. It means a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congrats on the awards! I found your awesome blog in the poetry group through the campaign! (A lot of campaigners today!) By the way I'm a new follower! I can't wait to read more of your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wakeboarding! That's pretty extreme in my opinion. Lol!

    Congrats on the awards! And thanks for following my blog :) I'm here to return the favor!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fellow New Adult Campaigner here, just stopping by to say hello!

    I don't suppose there is any way to have the blog music so it only plays if you click play? I always listen to music on the computer and all of a sudden the sounds were clashing! :P

    Congrats on the awards!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Congrats on your awards!! And standing up on water while going at over 30 mph? Totally extreme in my book.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Just a heads up, I have set up a Google Reader with all of NA/Crossover Group 56 in it to help organize all of our blogs - I am missing 1 person (technical issues I am trouble shooting) but hope to get them added in soon! Link is:

    http://www.google.com/reader/shared/user%2F08181744977128699830%2Flabel%2FNA%20Crossover%20Group%2056

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi from a fellow Canadian campaigner here! I'm doing the writing thing in Hamilton, Ontario. :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi! I am in your urban fantasy group! Looking forward to this.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hello! Fellow campaigner here. (Poetry group, I believe.) Congrats on the recent award!

    ReplyDelete